Both nominators are relatively new blogs for me, though I’ve known about them much longer. (I’m slow, okay?) They are:
- Loni Townsend, author of Thanmir War, who now has a pond that makes me want to sneak into her backyard to enjoy.
- Crystal Collier, author of Moonless, whose site I fell in love with the first time I saw it.
It seems like it should be easy to cough up seven semi-interesting tidbits about myself, but as I write this I keep throwing out ideas ’cause they’re rather boring. As a matter of fact, I’ve rewritten this post a few times. So now, you’re stuck with the last incarnation, ’cause I’m just going to post it and not look back (so to speak).
1. I’ve camped in every state in the US (edit: except Hawaii) as well as many parts of Canada and Mexico.
2. I’ve been in two major earthquakes and a plethora of little ones.
—-2a. I love the word plethora.
3. I started dance lessons when I was a tot and continued well into college. I learned and performed all sorts of styles including tap, jazz, ballet (on pointe), modern, flamenco, Polynesian, and belly dancing (I even balanced a scimitar on my head). I occasionally tap my way across the kitchen. (I’ve been told it’s more like frequently.)
4. My “A Day at the Park” flash fiction piece is loosely based on a true story. A friend and I were eating sandwiches in a garden. Within minutes, squirrels surrounded us. They advanced towards us, hunger and determination in their eyes. We ran. They chased us. We barely made it out, having to surrender our sandwiches to skirt by the sentries. –No blood or dead bodies (by sheer luck).
5. I don’t consider myself an author. Yes, I have published cookbooks, but I still see myself as a researcher-tester-editor-compiler-even-creator but not author when it comes to cooking and cookbooks.
6. My favorite late night snack is scrambled eggs on jellied toast.
7. I’m a rule breaker and I’m not going to nominate 15 bloggers. Instead, if you like this meme, go ahead and grab the graphic and let me know when you post! (Essentially by reading this you are nominated.)
What is your favorite late night snack?
The gorgeous photo of a flamenco dancer is by Mstyslav Chernov, Wikimedia.org