There seems to be one topic that whenever anybody posts about it, everybody has something to say.
What is it?
When bloggers write about “how to blog”, “how to comment”, “word verification,” even “how to write your post” people are interested.
It’s the one thing we all have in common. Even visitors that don’t have their own blogs have opinions on what they like and how they like to see it.
I’d like to take a little informal survey here.
- Does the blog design really matter to you?
- What drives you away (word verification, ads, etc.)?
- Does it really matter if the blog author replies to every comment? Do you go back to see if they have responded to you?
- Are you really aware when someone hasn’t posted in two weeks?
Please add your pearls of wisdom.
- Blog design does matter to me. It tells me a lot about the blogger’s personality. I read posts through blog lovin’ so I see the post in its natural state. For that reason, if your site is black with white text or grey with dark grey text chances are I won’t be back. If your design is cluttered and confusing, chances are I won’t be back.
- The new word verification (WV) on Blogger drives me away. 14 digits? Really? Don’t make me jump through hoops to comment on your blog. If you use Blogger, check to see if WV is turned on or not. I read one post where the gal didn’t even know it was on. After the last update, it changed her settings.
- The only time it matters to me is if I asked the author a question in my comment. It’s usually the only reason I return to the post. It actually annoys me to see every comment commented on with “Thanks,” and “I agree.” Your responses should add to the conversation too. I do like to see some interaction though, that way I know the author is reading the comments. – I know several of you will disagree with me here. That’s why I have the survey. I want to know what everyone thinks. 😉
- I have no idea if you missed your regular posting schedule. I follow 400 blogs and rarely get to them all. I do notice if my frequent comments haven’t posted something because we have built up a relationship.
Speaking of not posting in two weeks, I’m not going to post for two weeks. I’ve decided to take April off. With the A-Z challenge going on, the new posts will be overwhelming for me this year. I will be posting the April Cupcake Sign.
Pearls of Wisdom – talk to Alex.
Now give me your opinions.
image by clipart.com, text by me